August 23, 2007

Tomorrow is Friday and the hardest day of the week for me to say no. I am already dreading the day and it is hours away. Going to sleep tonight will be a bitch. Our neighborhood as instituted Margarita Friday (I was the founder, of course). This was just a way to make me feel as though it was OK to be trashed when my husband got home at 5pm. tick, tick, tick



This weather is not helping a bit. I hate to complain and I know a negative attitude will get me nowhere, but good God it is August. Sixty-five degrees is just unacceptable. I need to see the sun.

4 comments:

Kathy Lynne said...

Hey Johna: Thought I'd say Hi! Hang in there. It gets better. May I gently suggest that you go to a meeting Friday, several. And get a quart of Starbuck Chocolate Almond Fudge Swirl Coffee Ice Cream. Beats the margaritas and the neighbors don't talk about you the next day:)

Johna said...

Hey there thanks for the encouragement. I tried to go to a meeting tonight, but sat in the parking lot only to watch a bunch of very old women enter the church. I know that I probably could have taken something from their knowledge and experience, but I truly would like to find a group with at least a couple beginners. I will try like hell to get to one tomorrow, but my husband will not be available to watch the kiddies, so I might be SOL. Thanks again for visiting. Have a good, or better yet, great one!

johno said...

I found Fridays really a struggle to, they suggested I went to meetings, at times when I would normally be drinking, better to be sitting in a meeting neurotic and thinking about the "GOOD OLD DAYS" than out there losing control, or sober and holding on for grim death trying to convince myself I am normal and having a good time!? I did find the friday meeting I like and it helped. I found a meeting that meets up early before the meeting and goes out after for fellowship, coffee and food etc. Its now my home group and i rarely get in before midnight Fridays!! Go Find the friendly meetings. Good luck

Roxy said...

Things do get easier with time.