August 24, 2007

Thanks to my iPod

Friday has arrived in the same usually fashion. It is a day of leisure in our household and it signals to me to say F**k it. I went for a run this morning and listened to Queen's "Under Pressure" at least three times. My other personal favorites to run to are the Go Gos "Vacation", Barenaked Ladies "Pinch me" and Kula Shaker's version of "Hush". Throw in a little Korn and I have myself a perfect 10K. When I got back to the house and walked in I found Jack, my baby, already awake. Now I know I should be grateful to see his devilish smile at 6:30 in the morning, but today I needed the last half hour of "my time." Kind words were not flowing from my mouth and now I regret it. I have since hugged and kissed him, but if only I could turn back time. Selflessness is something I need to work on.

Fortunately, I am busy for most of the day and will be able to keep my mind on other things. I can still hear the voices asking me to join them for a cocktail but I hope they enjoy one without me on this and every Friday to follow.

Right now I am grateful for my morning coffee and cigarette (breakfast of champions), the sun, those three beautiful children in my living room, the fact that Anna made pancakes for her sister and brother (love her), and my iPod. Cheers!

3 comments:

Kathy Lynne said...

Fridays used to be my favorite day of the week. I told myself it was because I could leave work and look to 2 whole days of leisure but what it was really about was starting to drink without worrying about functioning the next day. I could sleep it off.

How old is Krista? Sounds like she wants to hit a meeting.....

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hi there Johna! Nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy this blogging lark!
Jeez New York must habe some AMAZING meetings. 100's of them! I heard the ? mustard seed ones are good..

Krista said...

Isn't amazing what we can do first thing in the morning without a hangover!! Good for you for running. I hope you have a nice weekend. Talk to you soon