August 31, 2007

TGIF?

Here it is, Friday again and once again I am scared and worried that I cannot handle it. We are going out with some friends and it is expected that we will all drink. Lately I have told myself that I will be alright and not "I hope" or "I think I will be OK". Waking up with a positive attitude and not questioning the day has helped. But seeing as though it is Friday again, I find myself wondering if I will take the first drink.



On the way home from the meeting last night I heard the Nickleback song "Figured you out", and the line about the lack of self respect really hit home for me. Is this why I self destruct so often. I do lack self respect. I truly do not love myself in anyway and am hard pressed to find one positive thing about myself.



Well enough about ho hum me...I read in the paper this morning that a New York couple won the lottery for a second time. In the article it did not say anything about their lives with or without money, but you have to wonder. Is money the root of all evil. They won their first jackpot in 1996 and appear to be still married and happy (from what I gather from the picture). They also said that this time around the money is going to buy them health and longevity...huh? If this is all it takes then I need to get a job...and fast!!!!



Have a great Friday everyone and thanks again for all your comments and advice. I.F.of Bill I read your blog and took note of the sidebar. It has helped. You're the best.

No comments: