October 20, 2007

Stuck on repeat

I feel like such a failure. Things were going so well and I don't have or need an excuse to drink. To be honest, I just like it. I have an evil mind which leads me to thinking about drinking at every second. I planned to drink yesterday. Andy left to go camping and I started and didn't stop until I went to bed. The worst part is I feel fine today and could and may drink again. I arranged for a babysitter tonight so I could go to a meeting (my favorite one), but now I feel like such a failure that I think I might just stay here and do it again.

Things are not so fabulous around here lately. I am trying to "create my own happiness", but I can't seem to get out of my head. OK so I think I will go tonight. It can't hurt and staying here will only make it worse. I need to step out of my thinking and on to a different path. Working here in 24/7 is getting to me. Maybe just a night out. Blah blah blah. Trust me I have heard it all before, too. I replay the same track in my head on a weekly basis.

Mothers are not supposed to be drunk at school functions, I do know this. How can I stop. I think I need to see a psychiatrist and get some true help. I cannot do this alone. I am so very fucked up. Step one.

Grateful for my babysitter, the kids being so wonderful lately, Andy having fun with the boys, the beautiful weather, and things going smoothly last night.

No comments: